Monday, 28 April 2008
Friday, 25 April 2008
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
Click here for an over view of this hadith
Tuesday, 22 April 2008
The Road to Success
Saturday, 12 April 2008
Related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim
Such is the compassion of my Allah.
Friday, 11 April 2008
Tuesday, 8 April 2008
When people inhale the first smoke from a cigarette they get dizzy, light headed and feel nauseous but they keep puffing thinking, oh I'll get used to it. But, if they taste food that makes them dizzy, light headed and nauseous they think, oh this food is bad I'm not going to eat it.
When people witness a car accident on icy roads they think, oh the road is slippery over there so I'll use the other lane. When people are at a funeral of someone who has died of disease due to a bad diet they eat the same kind of bad food with the family after the funeral.
Nobody would let a 10-year-old smoke cigarettes because it's going to harm their health but we feed processed foods, sugar, and junk food loaded with chemicals that will harm their health.
We put our babies in car seats because we want to protect them and of course it's the law. Then we feed them foods with synthetics and chemicals.
Grocery stores do not have food, they have products to make food.
If grocery stores have isles labeled Health Food, does this mean all the other food is un-health food or death food?
Add your own "This just doesn't make sense" food or health thought here
Source: Whole Food and More
Here is one of my own : It's funny how some of my friends who are on a fitness diet and craving to lose weight consciously order a double beef cheese burger or a sizzling meaty steak or a lasagne with a DIET COKE. Nevermind all the meat, the diet drink will surely compensate for the fatty calories.
Saturday, 5 April 2008
Yet the light of the bright world dies, with the dying sun.
The mind has a thousand eyes, and the heart but one;
Yet the light of a whole life dies, when love is done.
~ Francis W. Bourdillon
Friday, 4 April 2008
1. Start off each day with the waking up supplications, thanking Allah for waking up in good shape.
2. Put Allah first in your life.
3. Broaden your horizons - learn 5 new verses from the Holy Qur'aan every day, travel to pray far in the mosque to brighten your day, take up a booklet having supplications and read them.
4. Pray Salaat Al-dhuhaa after sunrise.
5. If someone says something mean to you, just shrug it off and dismiss it in a friendly, laid back manner, and pray that Allah shall forgive him.
6. When you get angry, remember Allah, and how short and worthless life is to waste in being angry.
7. Remember that you can never have too many friends, but you can have few quality friends that help you fulfill the purpose of your creation (i.e live for Allah).
8. When you're happy, try to share your happiness with others. Thank Allah for that, and pray its continuation.
9. When something bad or embarrassing happens to you, just think that it could always be worse, remember the reward of patience, and thank Allah that it's not worse than it is.
10. Do something extra of goodness once in a while, like feeding a poor person, or caressing an orphan's head.
11. Never stop believing that you can win Allah's love and thus work for it. Then you can win the love of Allah's slaves.
12. Spend some time thinking of Allah's amazing creation.
13. Always love those who love Allah unconditionally. This way you will ensure that you live for Him, love for Him, and hate for Him (those who are enemies of Him).
14. Find the righteous ways to express yourself, and if you think that what you are about to say shall cause no benefit, maintain silence (this is tough!!).
15. Every now and then, give yourself a break. Give time to your family and friends, but always remember Allah and watch that He is watching you.
16. Pray for blessing to come to those being lost, and pray to Allah to guide them to the true path.
17. Hug your parents, kiss their hands and heads and always obey them except when they order to disobey Allah.
18. Smile to everyone, for your smile makes a big difference to him or her and you are rewarded.
19. Forgive, forget and smile.
20. Tears are not for women only... tears are for all human beings with feelings remaining in them. Don't restrain your tears when remembering Allah.
21. When people criticize your actions and effort, revise your actions and see if they please Allah or not. If they do; then ignore and remember how the Holy Prophet (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam) and the Sahabah (Radhi Allaho anhum) were criticized, made fun of and even physically harmed, so have patience.
22. Read the Holy Qur'aan daily and try to have a schedule for completing it as much as you could. As you open the Holy Qur'aan daily, read with observing not just passing your eyes through the words.
23. Don't let popularity go to your head, for it never lasts and you may lose from it more than gain.
24. Never look down on anybody, for, to Allah, they may be better than you.
25. Convey this to all Muslims with the intention of having a healthy society living for Allah and pray: "Invite all to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching, and consult with them in ways that are best and most gracious." (Qur'aan, 16:125)
Source: IQRA Islamic Magazine
Tuesday, 1 April 2008
P.S. If you came here looking for advice on how to stay employed, just do the opposite of everything I tell you here. "
- Arrive late for work
Being on time is for wimps. Drag yourself out of bed whenever you feel like it. Stop to run an errand on your way to the office.
- Don't forget the coffee
No not for your boss -- for yourself! You're already late so why not stop for a cup of coffee on the way to work? Don't forget to get a muffin or a roll too (crumbs on your tie look really good).
- Eat at your desk
I mean your coffee and roll, not your lunch silly. Why would you want to work through lunch anyway? And take your time — you're in no hurry to start working.
- Take a long lunch
An hour for lunch? Are they nuts? That can't possibly be enough time to get together with an old friend and run a few more errands.
- Make personal phone calls
If you can't make your phone calls from the office, when else will you find the time? Don't make those calls short and sweet -- chat away.
- Speaking of chatting...
Let's not forget about the good old Net. You can go into a chat room any time of day, so why waste your precious personal time.
- Send lots of email
Use those eight hours at work to take care of all that personal email. Oh and don't forget to use your work email address.
- Download, download, download...
Your connection is much faster at work than on your home pc. And besides, there are some things you wouldn't want your significant other to see.
- Make the customers/clients really mad
There are several ways to do this. If you deal with customers in person, ignore them while you talk to your co-workers. Don't have answers to their questions. If most of your contact is by phone, keep yours busy so clients can't get through. If they bother to leave a message, don't return their phone calls.
- Don't ever go beyond your job description
Even when a project is down to the wire and your help is desperately needed, just remember: "It's not your job."
- Leave work early
Who made that five o'clock rule anyway? If you leave 15 minutes early think of how much you can get done before dinner.
- Party hardy
Nights are made for partying. Don't worry — you can sleep late tomorrow. After all, you do plan to get to work late, don't you?