Friday 19 September 2008

It has a life if its own

I try to log on to the Internet, but its not working. It's never been the same since I destroyed the connection. I called various technicians, but when the finally turned up, they could not find any thing wrong with the computer. They asked me what I was complaining about, spent half an hour doing tests, changed configuration, and assured me that the problem lay not with me but with the server. I allowed myself to be convinced that everything was, in fact, fine and I felt ridiculous for having asked for help. Two or three hours later, the computer and the connection would crash. Now, after months of physical and psychological wear and tear, I simply accept that technology is stronger and more powerful than me: it works when it wants to, and when it doesn't, it's best to sit down and read the paper or go for a walk, and just wait until the cables and the telephone links are in a better mood and the computer decides to work again. I am not, I have discovered, my computer's master: it has a life if its own.

~Paulo Cohelo
The Zahir

2 comments:

Farhan Hafeez said...

My Computer may have changed my life, but i don't think that it has a life of its own :|

Syra said...

my dsl works when it wants to work...has its own mood..when its down there is not much i can do abt it.
I am not, I have discovered, my computer's master: it has a life if its own.
:)